Saturday, February 8, 2014



Historic Monument

Well although it has been a while since my last post, I figured I would keep my promise and write about some of the historic monuments that are seen around the different parts of Springfield. This one here I found at the corner of Mill and Main St. in the South end of Springfield. It signifies where two men were killed by Indians in 1675 at or about at that spot. Now I know there are more of these monuments in the city and have seen them at locations such as Long Hill St. Boston Rd. and State St. But in my search I could only find this one and one on Long hill .  It is really too the city does such a poor job of keeping these artifacts clean and up to date. Our city has such a great history with our countries beginnings that we should do more to engage the citizenry of our rich history, not only at S.T.C.C. but through out the different corners of Springfield. So next time you are out and about,look around, you might see some interesting stuff about our past. 


The snow really makes for a pretty picture for the landscape at this time of year. And although many of us are getting sick of the fluffy white stuff, it does serve an excellent purpose of giving good ground cover to the turf as well as ornamental plantings. Regardless if your like me, spring can not come fast enough. 

As I restart the blog I am hoping to report on such things as thatching the turf grass, proper pruning in early spring and 50 State Street, the building that everyone wants a job in,but somehow think it should be a new building they work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment