Saturday, January 12, 2013

 Alas finally back at the keyboard. While I was away  my duties kept me very busy as you can see in the photos of some of this past seasons events. It was a good growing season but hot. And as I post these pictures it makes me miss the good weather even more.

A lot has happen since my last post on June 21 2012. But most of all you just have to get the guns off the street and have better gun control laws in place. My idea for a form of gun surveillance would be to install a system of G.P.S. in every gun manufactured and require gun owners to get a system for their current guns. With today's technology I can not believe that we couldn't somehow rig an alarm to the gun and have its G.P.S. activated as soon as it is taken from the proper locked cabinet. If the gun owner is going to use his own gun they could simply enter a pass code to get and use the fire arm, but if some one like Adam Lanza were to access the guns, then the activation would be made at the local police station and the cops could track the guns and hopefully deter any harmful damage like in Newtown Ct.


As you can see in the pictures we had a good year with annual flowers. Jacks Classic and 20-20-20 are great solutions and really developed good root mass as well as tissue and bloom growth. Also the application of a good organic material before planting also helped with all the above but with soil compaction and water retention. 

 The New Guinea inpatient were huge this past summer, I do not ever remember seeing any this big before. I hope we can repeat this in the next growing season. You cant ask for better color then that.


 Well as I think about my next move in the landscape, I hope our weather can get back to some regular type of stuff and not the extreme that the whole world has been seeing. Good luck to everyone trying to get through the doldrums of winter. And for those of you who think you do not need the luck, you do. And for those of you who remain frozen in a negative state, I doubt any thing in this new year will help you much, but dwelling on the past is harmful and a distinctiveness way of looking at life. My mother told me the happiness of life is the drug of laughter. So Good Luck with that.




 Lastly one of the new plantings on campus is in the highly traveled brick area of campus and I am eagerly awaiting the first crocus to bloom, to bad I have about another 2 months. This as in most sections of campus have a history. Although I will not discuss that here, I can tell you about other little pieces of history here and may do so over the next couple of weeks. I have always been curious about all the big stones and plaques that are attached to them around Springfield. Now I do know that George Washington went through this are and also General Knox. I believe that some of these stones identify these events. So May-be I will take a ride and see if I can find a few and write about them here.

So here is my first piece of history, in 1870 on the Springfield East Longmeadow line is a Homestead called the G.A. Cooley Homestead. And I would guess that by looking at my map and seeing a bunch of more Cooley's in the vicinity, that's why we call Cooley Street what it is today.
 Let the count down begin, ONLY 17 WEEKS UNTIL THE KENTUCKY DERBY.

I like the football coaching brothers of the Harbaughs. Although I do not think either will win the Super Bowl. Looks like it could be the Pats year with out my Giants in there.

Well, Good Luck and hope you all enjoy the pictures. Still the Original Eduardo





1 comment:

  1. Hey Eduardo them are some beautiful new guineas never seen anything like it god damn I can't wait till spring

    ReplyDelete